Who wants to know the best and fastest ways to lose weight in 2008? ... The answer is most of us! The past decade has seen numerous fad diets come and go. There is literally hundreds of diets to choose from. Some are excellent - some not so good. This can make it extremely difficult to choose the correct diet for you.
The good news is, the healthcare industry has conducted extensive research concerning weight loss. They have found some very important points to consider while selecting an appropriate diet for you. They include:
* How FAST you LOSE Weight and keep it off. * Is the diet EASY to follow and maintain? * Is the diet expensive? * Is the diet healthy? * Can you eat the foods you like? and * Can the diet be followed whilst eating out?
Fortunately, research has shown that there are numerous diets available that meet the above criteria. They include:
* Shifting calorie diets * Low carb diets * Low G.I. diets * Negative calorie diets * Raw food diets * Alkaline based diets and * Diets that combine exercise
Proving that many roads lead to the same destination, in this case - losing weight.
There are 2 important questions that need to be answered before selecting your diet. They are:
1. Why? Why do I want to lose the weight? Taking the time to answer this question correctly by writing down your answers is extremely powerful. You can read your answers often to help you maintain and strengthen your focus. Some examples may be:
* To have more ENERGY and be HEALTHY. * To be more ATTRACTIVE * To gain SELF CONFIDENCE * To PLAY with your KIDS again... or even * To see your kids or grand kids GROW UP
Remember your extra weight might be affecting your whole family, not just yourself.
2. Can I realistically commit to this diet over the long term? There's no point starting a diet if you're only going to last a week on it. Has this happened to you before? If so, don't let it happen again! LIFE IS TO SHORT!
Instead select a diet you are comfortable with and you will enjoy tremendous success at achieving your goal - losing weight and enjoying a much better quality of life!